Becoming a Finance Graduate at Salling Group means joining a passionate and professional finance organisation undergoing a unique transformation towards a project oriented world-class finance department.
The intensive 24-month programme is an intense sequence of continuous challenges that will provide you with a broad range of skills and turn you into one of our future specialists or managers within Finance.
During the programme, you will be located primarily at Salling Group’s headquarters in Årslev. The programme can also include placements at the Netto headquarters in Køge or in one of the different countries that Netto operates in, i.e. Germany, Poland, Sweden or the United Kingdom, as well as the Shared Service Center in Stettin in Poland.
How you will grow during the programme
As a Finance Graduate, you will get the opportunity to use the knowledge you gained during your studies and transform this into operational financial skills.
During the programme, you will acquire project management and presentation skills as well as comprehensive SAP skills. Because you will be exposed to a number of different assignments, you will not only acquire a solid knowledge of retail, but also gain a good understanding of the company combined with an extensive network across the organisation. All of this will ultimately lead to extensive professional and personal development.
What you will be doing as a graduate
As a Finance Graduate, you will have three rotations within the 24 months in order to gain a full understanding of the nature of finance at Salling Group. The flow and content of the rotations are shaped individually to suit your development needs while at the same time meeting our business needs.
In each rotation, you will be given a full position with clear responsibilities for assigned tasks. Besides working with the daily tasks within the department, you will, from the outset, be assigned projects to drive on your own.
On the practical side, the tasks will vary from quantitative analyses to optimising processes, as well as taking responsibility for presentations and financial reporting and planning for the management.
Throughout the programme, you will work closely with professional colleagues within Finance as well as cooperating with various stakeholders across the company. Your daily reference will be the Finance Manager of your assigned department.
Working within Finance
The Finance organisation consists of 240 people in total, including the Shared Service Center in Poland. The main departments are: Group Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Format Finance (føtex, Bilka, Netto, Salling, E-commerce), Commercial Finance and the Shared Service Center.
Finance works hard to create best-in-class financial processes and standardised work processes across the groups by establishing common standards and alignment between systems and processes.
The finance department supports the business in various ways. For instance:
- Group Finance, including Accounting, Treasury, Tax and the Shared Service Center, ensures the accuracy and credibility of the figures on a format and group level. Group Finance also handles the financial processes for the entire group and secures the liquidity of Salling Group.
- Financial Planning & Analysis compiles group management reports for the executive management committee and manages the budget and investment processes, including target setting for the group and the formats.
- Format Finance supports the formats on an operational and tactical level through being embedded in the various formats; for example, in føtex it supports the føtex management on management reporting, planning and financial processes.
- Commercial Finance analyses the profitability of the whole group’s products, e.g. within product performance, as well as analysing bonuses from suppliers and facilitating the Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) negotiations.
The culture in Finance can be described with three words – passion, professionalism and partnership:
- We have a passion for finance and retail. You will need to have a positive can-do attitude and take ownership on every level.
- We are a professional team. Decisions are supported with facts and deadlines are met.
- We are a team that works in partnership with the business. Knowledge is shared with the business and we are open to change and new ideas.
The structure of the graduate programme and the fact that you will rotate in different departments will lead you to a clear picture of your future at Salling Group.
After successfully completing the programme, you will be able to take up positions across the Finance departments. As our expectations for you are high, our long-term target is to develop you to take up a key position inside or outside Finance in Salling Group.
The candidates we look for
To become a successful Finance graduate at Salling Group, it is important that you have the right mix of personal and professional skills. If you can identify yourself in the skills outlined below, then you might be our next Finance Graduate.
- Ambitious and goal oriented
- Committed and highly motivated
- Strong analytical skills
- Work well under pressure
- Deliver high-quality results within deadlines
- Open minded
- Good at working and communicating with different stakeholders
- International mind-set
- Have recently graduated or are about to graduate with a master´s degree well above average within Finance
- Relevant work experience gained during or after your studies – up to a maximum of one year’s full time work after the master’s degree
- International experience – through work or studies
- Excellent language skills in Danish and English – both spoken and written fluency
- Strong Excel-skills
- SAP experience is an advantage
Our recruitment process is designed to identify your potential to become one of our future talents.