Joining Salling Group as a Human Resource Graduate means entering a business driven HR organisation with an overall focus of creating HR excellence to support Salling Group’s strategic initiatives.
The two-year programme will give you the opportunity to build the required competencies to become an impactful player in a winning team who strives to ensure a clear HR focus with the right set of tools to support the business, whether your profile has the potential to work towards HR analytics or towards human relations.
During the programme, will you be based at Salling Group’s headquarters in Årslev. You may also have the opportunity for a short placement at our Shared Service Center in Stettin, Poland.
How you will grow during the programme
In order to become a successful HR professional, you need a solid understanding of the core processes within HR. During the programme, you will work hands-on with end-to-end HR processes and acquire this basic HR knowledge while learning how to operate HR within a large international company.
Through a profound knowledge of both processes and governance, you will develop your skills to design, execute and follow-up on HR concepts and processes on a broad scale – from recruitment, on-boarding, talent management, people performance management and organisational development to administrative tasks and reporting. The flow and content will be shaped individually to suit your development needs, while at the same time meeting business requirements.
Depending on your individual programme, you may also be certified in the tools we use in our recruitment processes: PI (personality assessment tool) and PLI (logical test).
What you will be doing as a graduate
In each rotation, you will be given a full position with clear responsibilities for assigned tasks. You will therefore not only be learning and developing, but also challenged and made accountable for clear deliveries within defined deadlines and according to concept.
During your first placement in HR, you will work your way across basic HR service and legal processes, thus gaining invaluable hands-on experience of the key pillars in HR. As you progress and during your second placement, you will be given the opportunity to work within the HR partner organisation.
Depending on your individual programme, you may find yourself working with/executing:
- HR services and administrative tasks in all aspects – e.g. contract management (employment contracts), expatriation and on-boarding of employees
- Governance specifically regarding conditions, benefits and compensation
- Recruitment – starting from how to match/find the right person for the right position to the commencement of the on-boarding process
- Talent Management and pipeline development – identify, attract, develop and retain high potentials
- People Performance Management process – align, drive and develop individual performance through target setting, performance evaluation and personal development plans
- IT projects
- Counselling, sparring and communication with different levels
- HR reporting
Throughout the programme, you will be working closely with professional colleagues within HR as well as cooperating with various stakeholders across the company.
Working within HR
The HR organisation consists of approximately 120 employees in Denmark and 60 at our HR Service Center. The main working areas are: HR Legal & Policies, HR Analytics & Reporting, HR Payroll & Reimbursement, HR Services & Contract Management, Talent Management & Learning, Compensation & Benefits and our HR Partner Organisation.
The HR organisation is responsible for getting the basics right within human resource management – that is, ensuring that practice is in compliance with rules, guidelines and legislation; thus we serve the organisation with policies, data and sparring. In addition, the HR organisation is the driver in the continuous development and improvement of central or decentralised HR processes as well as organisational development in general.
The culture within the departments is characterized by being highly customer orientated and service minded and clearly driven by business results and the overall strategy of HR and Salling Group in general. This creates a dynamic and fast paced environment.
After successfully completing the programme and having gained a solid cross functional experience in the different disciplines within HR, you will be able to take up a position as HR Consultant or Junior HR Partner (depending on your individual programme). You may even enter a position in the business according to the analytical skills you will have obtained and your ability to navigate in a large company.
When planning your future career in HR, we expect you to continue your steep learning curve and in time develop into either a HR Manager or HR Partner.
The candidates we look for
To become a successful Human Resource graduate, it is important that you have the right mix of personal and professional skills – which will depend on whether you see yourself working towards HR analytics or human relations.
- Ambitious and goal oriented
- Committed and highly motivated
- A natural interest and understanding of processes
- An analytic mind-set
- The ability to work in a structured manner and meet deadlines
- Good communication and co-operation skills
- Service minded and customer orientated
- International mind-set
- Have recently graduated or are about to graduate with a master´s degree well above average within economics, project management, law/economics, organisation & strategy or social science
- Preferably you will have taken one semester abroad during bachelor or master studies
- Relevant work experience gained during or after your studies, preferably in retail, the service sector or a call center – up to a maximum of one year’s full time work after the master’s degree
- Excellent language skills in English – both spoken and written fluency
- Strong Excel skills
Our recruitment process is designed to identify your potential to become one of our future talents.