Becoming an IT Graduate at Salling Group means joining a professional and dynamic IT organisation that is rapidly developing to meet the requirements of the retail of tomorrow.
As an IT Graduate, you will be part of a 24-month programme with an intense sequence of continuous challenges that will provide you with a broad range of skills and turn you into one of our future specialists or managers within IT.
During the programme, you will primarily be based at Salling Group’s headquarters in Årslev, Aarhus.
How you will grow during the programme
As an IT Graduate, you will get the opportunity to use the knowledge you gained during your studies and transform this into operational skills and experiences by giving you daily tasks and project work with clear responsibilities for deliveries and deadlines. You will also be exposed to a number of different assignments, where you will not only acquire a solid IT and retail knowledge, but also gain a good understanding of the company combined with an extensive network across the organisation. All of this will ultimately lead to extensive professional and personal development.
What you will be doing as a graduate
As an IT Graduate, you will have three rotations within the 24 months. In each rotation, you will be given a full position with clear responsibilities for assigned tasks. Besides working with the daily tasks within the department, you will, from the outset, be assigned projects to drive on your own.
Throughout the programme, you will be working closely with professional colleagues within IT as well as cooperating with various stakeholders across the company. Your daily reference will be the IT Manager of your assigned department.
Working within IT
The IT organisation consists of 230 people in total, including the Shared Service Center in Poland.
IT works hard to be rated among the best and most agile in the retail industry. The department delivers and improves global IT services and business processes in one aligned and coherent platform for all divisions in Salling Group.
The main departments in IT are:
- Business Process Management: Aligning Strategic Projects and new business processes with the Business Units
- Standard solutions & development: Development and maintenance of IT applications in Salling Group
- Business Support: Process expertise in delivering new functionality to the business as well as supporting in the optimal use
- Project & Portfolio Management: Roadmap planning and delivery of IT projects to the Business Units
- IT operations: Responsible for IT Infrastructure & Operation services
The structure of the graduate programme and the fact that you will rotate in different departments will give you a clear picture of your future at Salling Group.
As our expectations for you are high, our long-term target is to develop you to take up a key position inside or outside IT in Salling Group.
The candidates we look for
To become a successful IT Graduate at Salling Group, it is important that you have the right mix of personal and professional skills. If you can identify yourself in the skills outlined below, then you might be our next IT graduate.
- Ambitious and goal oriented
- Committed and highly motivated
- Strong analytical skills
- Work well under pressure
- Deliver high-quality results within deadlines
- Open minded
- Good at working and communicating with different stakeholders
- International mind-set
- Have recently graduated or are about to graduate with a master´s degree well above average
- Relevant work experience gained during or after your studies – up to a maximum of one year’s full time work after the master’s degree
- Excellent language skills in English – both spoken and written